Pregnancy is such a complex process that the chances of not getting pregnant are much higher than in one menstrual cycle.
Even if healthy couples have regular sex, that is, two or three times a week without using any contraceptives, the chances of getting pregnant in one menstrual cycle are not more than 25 %.
What is the problem of semi-infertility?
Semi-infertility means that even if you have regular sex without using any form of contraception for a year, you will not get pregnant.
This problem every 6 to 1 for a couple is facing.
semi-infertility There are many causes of semi-infertility and they are found in both men and women. Men and women account for up to 30 to 30 percent of all infertility problems, while in the remaining 40 percent of cases, it is either a common problem or an unrecognizable obstacle. It should be borne in mind that men’s and women’s problems usually occur simultaneously, so both should be involved in the screening process.
Semi-infertility in women
- Age: As a woman gets older, her fertility also decreases. Especially in the mid-thirties.
- Medical issues include:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome, premature menopause, thyroid problems, etc.
- Posterior congestion or closure of the fallopian tubes, which can result from endometriosis, posterior infection, posterior surgery, or abnormal structures in the uterus.
Semi-infertility in men
- Adverse factors that affect sperm production or delivery, such as smoking, alcoholism, impotence of the testicles, varicose veins in the scrotum, or damage to the genitals from a previous infection or operation.
- If after detailed history and physical examination the research does not diagnose any cause, it will be called ‘obscure semi-infertility’.
- In obscure semi-infertility two factors affect the likelihood of pregnancy; Period of semi-infertility and age of woman . The ability to conceive naturally will be reduced in women who are older or couples who have been semi-infertile for more than three years.
- Have sex regularly, such as 2 to 3 times a week, and it can be increased (every 2 days) during egg laying days .
- The couple should stop smoking, drinking and using drugs.
- Obviously, overweight women find it difficult to conceive and have a higher risk of miscarriage. On the other hand, very low birth weight women have their menstrual cycle affected and their egg production is slow. Therefore, they should keep their weight balanced.
- A well-balanced diet, regular physical activity and stress management are important for reproductive health.
- Women who are unsure of their immunity to rubella should consult their family doctor for a rubella vaccination before pregnancy.
Does having more sex increase the chances of pregnancy?
- Excessive sexual activity, such as every night, can reduce the number of sperm. On the other hand, too little sexual activity, such as once a week, can lead to lifeless sperm. In both cases there is a very low chance of getting pregnant.
Couples with the following symptoms should seek medical help: For
- In the late thirties
- Tin or excess abortion
- Prolonged or irregular menstruation
- Menstruation after three weeks or less
- Pain during menstruation or sexual intercourse
- History of endometriosis
- History of posterior infection
- History of hip or pelvic surgery
- What pain did I have in my childhood?
- There are problems with stress or expulsion
- History of prostate infection
- The testicles could not be found in their place
- Varicocele history
Semi-infertility is not the same as complete infertility. Some medical problems can be solved more easily than others. Therefore, couples are advised to seek medical advice immediately.
Where can I get help?
Tests and treatments for the type of semi-infertility test can be done by a hospital authority, family planning association or a gynecologist in the private sector. However, if no identifiable cause of paralysis is found or the couple cannot conceive within the prescribed period after treatment, they should be referred to a paramedic treatment specialist or to the ‘Assisted Reproductive Unit’ of a public or private hospital. Can
As a woman gets older, her chances of success in treatment diminish. Even with the latest reproductive technologies, a woman over the age of 45 has almost zero chance of success with this treatment. Therefore, couples with semi-infertility should seek medical help immediately.
If all treatments fail or the couple is not really fit for treatment, they will have to choose whether they want to be childless or adopt someone. The decision is in their hands and they must be prepared to accept the possible effects of different elections.
couple can learn about personal and shared interests with their spouse, expand their circle of friends and further strengthen relationships with other family members and friends.
If the couple is mentally and physically healthy, ready to decide to adopt a child for life, and ready to fulfill all parental responsibilities, they can apply for adoption. You can get more information from the Adoption Unit of the Social Welfare Department……