?Can sex be continued during pregnancy? Does it affect the fetus
- Pregnant women may lose sexual desire during pregnancy for a number of reasons. Nausea or vomiting in the early stages of pregnancy, an enlarged abdomen, and the misconception that maintaining sexual relations affects the fetus.
- Sexual intercourse does not increase the risk of miscarriage, but it can be a risk factor if you have miscarriage symptoms in the first trimester, or in the middle or last trimester. The placenta has a problem with the placenta previa.
A pregnant woman can continue her sexual activity. Intimacy does not affect the unborn baby, but the most inappropriate way is to avoid putting pressure on the abdomen.
- Pain in the lower abdomen, vaginal bleeding or amniotic fluid discharge are unusual symptoms during sexual intercourse. If any of these symptoms appear, sexual activity should be stopped immediately and a doctor should be consulted as soon as possible.
Vaginal contact should not be allowed after the 36th week of pregnancy as it can cause the uterine membrane to rupture prematurely.
What are the best ways to get intimate during pregnancy?
- All forms of intimacy can be adopted during the early stages of pregnancy.
- As the pregnancy enters the second trimester, the mother’s abdomen expands and emerges, after which the mother should try not to use any method during intercourse that would put pressure on the abdomen or cause any seizures. Suitable for this stage are lying face down and facing each other. Sitting on your knees facing each other or sitting facing each other.
- In the last stage of pregnancy, the man can enter from behind and he should express full care and love to his partner on this occasion.
- In addition to intimacy, partners can also achieve sexual satisfaction and physical pleasure by embracing, kissing, or loving each other.
- Using a condom during intimacy can reduce the risk of sexually transmitted diseases.
Safe methods of intimacy during pregnancy
In the early stages of pregnancy
- General position:
Men support their body with their arms.
- Pulling position: The
man should avoid pushing too deep inside and putting pressure on the woman’s abdomen.
Suitable for mid-pregnancy
- Appropriate style during the last stage of pregnancy
- Back to side position:
Men should insert somewhat less inside, not put pressure on the woman’s abdomen at all.
- Gently caressing the neck and head
- Massaging the male genitalia
How long after birth can sex be started?
- After the baby is born, the body needs some time to return to its pre-pregnancy state. This period is called Nifas, which usually lasts for 6 weeks.
- When the puerperium is gone, the placenta will be cleansed, the uterus will return to its natural size, the uterine membrane will heal, the cervix will close, the vaginal membrane will return to normal The wound on the abdomen or the wound of Ajan will heal at this time, if the mother is emotionally and physically ready, sexual intercourse can be resumed.
What should be considered before resuming sexual intercourse?
- During the resumption of sexual intercourse after birth, the mother may occasionally feel dryness in the vagina and may experience moderate pain or a strange sensation on the perineum. Most of the reasons are psychological. She will gradually get used to having intercourse a few times and these ailments will disappear naturally.
- Extremely harsh and deep penetration should be avoided in the early stages of sex. Priority should be given to how well the mother feels.
- If bleeding, pain or discomfort starts during intercourse, a medical examination should be done.
Will sex after birth cause the wound to heal again?
- Generally speaking, Ajan’s wound will heal after nifaas so sexual intercourse will not open the wound.